You know when businesses describe themselves as “like a family”?
Well, it’s a bit like that at Allied Drinks, except we really are actual family.
And what we’ve realised is that although we’re a family business, with family values, we’ve never really let our contacts know much about who we are and why we do what we do.
So I figured I’d change that today – here’s the down low.
- Allied was founded in 1993 by Jim Parker. Jim (Dad) was the driving force and director of the company for over 20 years, until he sadly passed away from a short battle with cancer in February 2014.
- There are five immediate family members currently in the business. In chronological order; Sharon (Mum), James (Brother), Sophie (Sister), Mike (Brother) & Chris (Brother). Oh, and a there’s also a cousin called Jason!
- Tweedledee & Tweedledum – Chris & Mike are identical twins! We still get them confused to this day, 26 years later…
- We’re not all related – we have six other wonderful members of staff that work fulltime in the business; Steve, Keith, Meieli, Becky, Duncan & Damian.
- For the love of coffee; we are all extremely passionate about coffee and the office favourite has to be a delicious milky latté.
Whilst working with family of course has tough moments, it’s also extremely rewarding and something we most definitely don’t take for granted.