There's been a lot of talk in the news lately about Freakshakes and their extremely high sugar content, with a call for them to be banned. Recent surveys of milkshakes sold in restaurants and fast food shops in the UK, found they contained 'grotesque levels of sugar and calories', and we've listed some of these sugary culprits below:
- Toby Carvery Unicorn Freakshake - 1,280 Calories. 156g Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 39
- Five Guys Banana & Chocolate Milkshake - 1,073 Calories. 149g Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 37
- Pizza Hut Salted Caramel Ice Cream Shake - 738 Calories. 95.4g Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 24
- Burger King Oreo Shake - 570 Calories. 76g Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 19
It's scary to think you're absorbing that many calories and sugar in just one Freakshake, especially when for women their suggested daily calorie intake is 2,000, and 2,500 for men.
We appreciate Shmoo shakes aren't classed as 'Freakshakes' (unless you're staking up doughnuts and chocolate sauce on top), but we wanted to outline the sugar and calorie content of Shmoo shakes, compared to these sugary Freakshake health hazards!
All Shmoo milkshakes contain approximately 7 teaspoons of sugar, which compared to Burger King's Oreo Shake, contains less than half the amount of sugar! This is based on a large 600ml serving of Shmoo milkshake (23g Shmoo powder and 245ml Semi Skimmed Milk), and is the same for all 5 delicious flavours; Strawberry, Chocolate, Banana, Vanilla & Cappuccino. We've listed out each flavour below, with its calorie and sugar content, based on 600ml serving:
- Strawberry - 207 Calories. 29.6 Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 7
- Chocolate - 204 Calories. 28.7 Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 7
- Banana - 207 Calories. 29.6 Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 7
- Vanilla - 207 Calories. 30g Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 7
- Cappuccino - 199 Calories. 28g Sugar. Teaspoon equivalent - 7
Yes, of course Shmoo still contains sugar, but compared to many rival shakes on the market, Shmoo's calorie and sugar content is significantly lower, but there is most definitely no compromise on taste! You can sit back and enjoy a delicious thickshake without a hefty calorie intake to freakout about, or whether or not to contemplate running a marathon afterwards to burn off the calories. Shmoo is also low in fat, a great source of calcium, suitable for vegetarians, and contains no artificial colours, sweeteners or preservatives*.
If you haven't tired Shmoo and are interested in doing so, please contact a member of the team on 01435 860 000. Alternatively, all of our Shmoo products can be found here.
*when mixed to the instructions and using semi-skimmed milk
Details provided from BBC NEWS - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46179175